Prom night is getting closer, and you’re probably starting to get stressed. Well chill out! eDressCentral is here for you. Here are 10 simple steps to make Prom planning a breeze. Keep them in your purse, and ‘like’ us on Facebook to hear about exclusive Prom deals, advice, and surprises! Stick with eDressCentral and we’ll make you the belle of the ball.
1. Give yourself time. Looking good is hard work, so give yourself lots of time to shop around. You know how long it takes to try on dresses, but does someone have your dress for less? Allow time for shipping and alterations, as well as planning your hair, makeup and shoes.
2. Make a detailed budget. Know what you’re going to spend on hair, makeup, transportation and accessories. Stick to it.
3. Get inspired. Don’t limit yourself to Prom magazines. Look for inspiration in old movies, books, or art. What’s hot right now might not be best for your look or body type – so look at ladies who never go out of style, like Audrey Hepburn, Elizabeth Taylor, Grace Kelly or Marilyn Monroe. A few daring choices will put all eyes on you.
4. Work out, eat smart. Want to tone up? Research the best way to do it. Ask parents, teachers or friends what’s worked for them. When you’ve settled on an exercise regimen, work out for an hour at least 3-4 days a week. Don’t overdo it! And be sure to plan healthy, nutritious meals. It’s easier to lose weight when you’re getting a regular supply of healthy calories.
5. Coordinate with your date. Make sure his vest/tie look good with your dress. He needs to buy you a corsage, so show him your colors. Remember to buy him a boutonniere.
6. Clear things with Mom & Dad. Going out to eat before Prom? Want to go somewhere after? Keep your parents informed.
7. If possible, pamper yourself. The day before Prom, get a facial, manicure and pedicure. You’ll feel like a new woman. If you want to whiten your teeth, start two weeks before the big day.
8. Do a trial run. Once your dress has been altered, try it on at home along with your shoes and accessories. Walk around in it. Are your shoes comfortable? Is anything restricting?
9. For your purse. Extra hose, money, a compact/lipstick, tissues.
10. Rock that look. This is your big night, and you look gorgeous. Smile, be confident, and dance like no one’s watching.
Remember – eDressCentral is your one-stop shop for Prom season. Good luck!